T'REX robot controller
August 15, 2013
The T'REX robot controller makes controlling robots easy!
The Arduino compatible controller comes pre-programmed with sample code that lets you control it with a supplied Android app, Radio Control or with an external controller via I²C.
- Wide voltage range from 6V to 30V.
- High current power switching FET (110A) allows low current power switches to be used.
- Switch mode regulator with 6V @ 3A output for servos.
- ATmega328P MCU using Arduino Nano w/ 328 bootloader.
- 5V regulator can deliver in excess of 2A for powering external controllers such as the Raspberry Pi, Beagle bone etc.
- I²C interface with voltage translation can work with external logic from 1.5V to 5V.
- Can be programmed via USB, FTDI interface or ISP socket.
- Socket for optional Bluetooth module.
- Dual FET "H" bridge with electronic braking rated for stall currents up to 40A per motor.
- PTC self resetting fuses for each motor.
- 4x servo outputs with 6V power in high voltage mode or direct from battery in low voltage mode.
- 2x servo headers at 5V that can also be used for RC inputs or encoders.
- 3-axis accelerometer (±1.5G or ±6G sensitivity) for impact detection, angle and acceleration measurements
The supplied sample code automatically detects the method of control (RC, Bluetooth or I²C) on power up. Bluetooth and RC methods offer quick, easy methods of testing your robot chassis.
The I²C mode offers complete control of all function using only 2 I/O pins making it a perfect choice for interfacing 32bit controllers such as the Raspberry Pi to your robot.
You can download the instruction manual from here:
Please make sure you read the manual before asking questions!
I may have answered your question already so make sure you read the other questions posted here first.
If you have a question then ask it here so everyone can learn. Do not email me because then no one else can read the question or the answer.