August 14, 2009
This is a concept for a drink server robot, Mr Boston. My initial concept is to build him out of an ice cooler, adding wheels, sensors, actuators, etc.
Some initial thoughts:
- rolls around a party, offering drinks to guests
- programmed to create 2-3 different drinks based on guest selection
- scoops ice into shaker and adds alcohol and mixer
- plays music while mixing drinks
- dances to music while mixing drinks
- use filters similar to (perhaps salvaged from) a speaker crossover network to separate high, medium and low frequency sounds
- bobs head or moves drink/ice shaker to low frequency sounds
- "dances" to mid frequency sounds
- higher frequency sounds might trigger a variety of tricks or pre-programmed funny responses
I just wanted to record this idea. If it ever moves into construction I'll create a robot page for it.