Build 1 - Please Review!
October 19, 2009
Hi all, I'm an 18 year old from South Africa interested in all aspects of technology! I hope to enter a Bsc in Computer Science next year at UCT in Cape Town. I am even thinking of going further and doing more afterwards for some crazy reason but thats later.. anyways!
Right so this will basically be my first build from scratch, my own design etc. Being my first build I want to keep it as simple as possible so please comment on anything, I don't mind.
- Have experience in RC not vast amounts, but I know the basics I'd say.
- Able to program in Java and know basic logic and arithmetics etc.
- Willing to put in effort to learn, and put it to practice!
- Charger: Swallow AC/DC2 Digital Peak Charger.
- JR Spektrum DX6 (not sure if I will need it at all).
- Batteries: (7.4V 800 mAh 2-cell Li-Po) x 2, (7.4V 300/340 mAh Li-Po) x 2, (11.1V 800 mAh Li-Po) x 1
- Servos: JR Servo (ES 539) x2 (not sure if I can use these).
- Arduino Duemilanove.
- IR Range finder x 1. (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=242).
- Geared DC motors x 2. (http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1415.html) OR (http://www.solarbotics.com/products/gmpw_deal/).
- Wheels x 2.
- Connectors and wires. (?)
- Base (plastic or aluminium).
- I have no experience with microcontrollers, does the Arduino Duemilanove have all the features I would need for controlling the motor, servos, IR range finder etc?
- When looking for motors is there anything to be aware of? Should I use geared motors or not?
- What connectors and wires will I need? Heat shrink?
- Have I left anything out?