finding cheap RC ESC (speed controller)
October 26, 2009
I love RC ESCs. They are electronic speed controllers that you connect to a servo output on a RC receiver or a micro controller, and they give you full step free control over a big motor in both direction. Most of the ones made for RC cars work in the voltage range 6-8.4Volts, but there are several alternatives for people who plan to run up to 24 volt motors in almost constant stall at a gazzilion amps (read robot war contenders).
But I'm the eternal cheapskate, and wants the cheapest there is.. So far I've found this
It costs $19 and comes as a kit, so I guess I have to solder it myself. Do any of you know of any cheaper ones?
My wanted specs are:
- run in both direction (not plane type)
- for brushed motor (not brushless)
- cool if it has BEC (can supply regulated power for RC receiver or Microprocessor)
- without break function (racing ESCs will stop the wheels if you go from full forward to full reverse)
- really really cheap (since I need 4)
- around 7Volts (I'm not fuzzy)