here's the best one i've found so far,it really helps a lot.
Sorry to bump an old thread to the top, but check out this post. This is a good example on why something that looks as easily as soldering shouldnt be taken so lightly.
I have a cold heat soldering iron. I broke two tips in 5 minutes ($10 USD each). The iron wasnt getting hot enough to melt the solder. I changed the batteries and it worked like a charm.
If your soldering iron isn't melting the solder, change batteries (if it runs on batteries). If it is a plug in, let it heat up longer. Never leave the soldering iron on a part for more than a second or two. If you overheat the sensor, LED, DIP, etc it WILL damage it. It then will eat up a lot of time when your circuit doesn't work and you have to troubleshoot and desolder the part. Always take your time! Thanks Calc for a life lesson that will save me a lot of time!
Check it out. Maybe it can help somebody.
Very Helpful, Thank you for the post!