My First Robot - Motor control for tracks
So, I've been lurking this forum for a while now and finally decided to make my first robot.
I started out reading the "Start here" guide - and it's a really cool guide by the way :)
* durable plastic body
* 6-AA battery holder included
* two brushed DC motors with 210 mA free run and 2.4 A stall current at 7.2 V
* maximum speed of 6 in/s (15 cm/s) at 7.2 V
* ability to scale inclines limited only by friction
* dimensions: 18 x 14 x 6 cm
* weight: 425 g
My concern is marked with bold where it specifies "2.4 A stall current".
I went back to the "Start here" guide, to figure out if the motordriver L293D would be able to pull this off.
Apparently it can only deliver 1.4 A stall current...
Wont the L293D fry?
My question is: What do I do if I want to use the PICAXE starter kit with the RP5?
BTW: Technobots also has some really cheap solarbotics gearmotors :)At least from what I could find.
(Nothing to do with my post, just wanted to point it out)