Calculon's Arduino Serial madness, part 2
February 2, 2010
Calculon has been tinkering with his Arduino for a few months now and he likes it. He is at the point where he is trying to get his 'duino to communicate with another device. His question is: HOW?!?!?
1. Does he use the Serial.print command? Serial.write?
2. How does he send more than one byte at a tyme?
3. Here's an example of the required byte sequence:
in hex: 0x8D, 0x7F
in decimal: 141, 127
Does he just send one byte, and then another?
4. Can he communicate with another device using SoftwareSerial while using the UART to talk to the Serial Monitor? Or is it one or the other?
5. Can he communicate with the device using the hardware RX and TX pins (0 and 1) while plugged in to the pc?
6. A side-note: please don't just direct me to the SoftwareSerial documentation page. Calculon has read it and is even more confused.
You are all very capable persons.