Swiss Cow Head Laser Distance Probe
"Moooooooo" project is still on course........
Basic idea is to attach the Head to a Theo Jansen four legged chassis blogged here.......
Had some great fun creating a PolyMorph Cows Head.
Using a Skinning technique i could make a really thin layer of PolyMorph.
This means that it is amazingly Translucent - for adding lights.
In the Picture above you can see its secret laser system.
The Proposed Idea is So ......
- Green Eyes ------- "Safe Mode" - Open Jaw wide
- Red Eyes "Danger Mode" means the Laser is about to fire
- There will be a Wii-Remote camera installed to watch the Laser
- Laser scans left and right making a note of left-most position and Right-most position
- Amber Eyes -------"Safe Mode and calculate Distance" closing Jaw at same time
- Right-most position minus Left-Most position gives a finite value.
- This finite value will be translated into Distance from object/wall/hedge/milking parlour
- Distance Info. will steer the legs out of danger.............
NonStream Link Swiss Cow Head Laser Distance Probe (circa 11meg)