My first Robot, called Duckie (or Sniffer if you like)
I started this back in May but he, she or it had the servo and sensor mounted on top of the base. I found it kept missing ‘seeing’ obstacles so recently moved the sensor to the front of the base. Well it still messes up sometimes but now it has that nice tilting motion like Fritsl’s robot in part 2.
A top-down shot giving the slightly misleading impression that it's fallen apart (it hadn't quite in this picture!)
The code is based on the standard code that use to be posted here, but simplified and modified to work with this configuration. It doesn’t look to see if there’s anything interesting to go and explore and also it doesn’t count how many times its turned in those places where it should back up and turn around.
Things to do:
Add another sensor at the lower front.
Add a few LEDs.
Add some squeaks and beeps.
Teach it to make a decent cup of tea!!
(p.s.Excuse the messy carpet in the video, the culprit was in the vid!)