What will it do?
- Try to pull a heavy object for a given time or distance
- RC with driving aid (Hybrid)
- Maby long range with a trailer (extra battery's)
- Maby some other ideas I get from you...
About the first video: This is the first autonomous pull it ever did! It did pretty well, not as good as manual RC but above expectations. I tried to simulate a pull in the code. Start with a little bit of power to tention everything, Build up the power till it starts to roll, floor it and go!
The video also demonstrates whats wrong; the nose jumps a lot. Looks cool but doesnt go anywhere. Thats why you need traction control and some tilt sensing technique. Traction above raw power.
And how will it do that?
- With encoders at the back wheels
- An arduino
- A 20A RC speed controller
- Ordinary traction control
- Some things i havent figured out yet such as, line following sensors, an internal amp meter to measure power, distance measuring sensors and tilt sensors
- With help, A self learning traction system.
- Maybe some other techniques I get from you...
What works right now:
BEC Power from the speed controller for the arduino and servo. Only 1 battery needed and no extra circuitry!
Potentiometer Driving(running behind it turning knobs...)
What problems occured:
- the battery is flat after just one pull like in the video! Maybe because the battery is old, maybe because of the amps drawn when it is almost stalling...