JR - 1 (Joe's First Robot)
This is my first completed robot hence the name JR-1. I used 1/4 inch melamine for the body and bick pen sections and bolts for the risers.
The motos are K'NEX motor and gearbox combinations. The tires are also from K'NEX. I hot glued two tires together for each side to give it some width. The tires were "open" on the inside anyway and this fixed that problem!
The rear caster was $1.99 from Harbor Freight and looks super!
I put the Arduino and the Adafruit motor shield on top of the risers and the batteries underr the riser. The arduino runs of a case with 3 AA and the motor shield runs off a 6 volt rechargable RC pack.
I added a couple of toggle switches to turn the Arduino and the motor shield on and off. I plan to add a servo to the Sharf to maximize object detection. For now this is it. Next -- a HEXAPOD!!!