The MINI robocontroller is designed for small robots. It incorporates a powerful AVR microcontroller, XBEE wireless radio, dual motor drivers, and 3-pin servo-style headers for IO. It is compatible with the Arduino IDE, and includes open source Arduino libraries to control the custom hardware.
The board includes all circuitry needed to control a small differential drive robot. It can also easily control up to 4 servos.
See the user manual here.
- 16MHz AVR microcontroller (ATMEGA168).
- 20 I/O, 6 of which can function as analog inputs.
- Servo style 3-pin headers (gnd, vcc, signal) on all 6 analog inputs, and 4 of the digital IO
- Dual 1A motor drivers, with combined motor/encoder header.
- XBEE radio sold separately. A typical setup will require 2 XBEE radios and an XBEE explorer to be able to wirelessly control your robot from your computer.
- This board requires either an FTDI cable or ISP. We recommend the Sparkfun FTDI breakout.
- 2.4”x2.4” with mounting holes in each corner.
The MINI is compatible with the Arduino environment right out of the box. In addition to standard Arduino libraries, we have developed a suite called RoboControllerLib, which includes:
- Motors - a library for using the motor drivers.
- Encoders - A library for using quadrature encoders.
- A number of libraries for various sensors, such as IR and sonar ranging sensors.