Platform Pixter Module
The Pixter X Platform Module puts a PICaxe 40x2 running at 32Mhz with a 64kb EEPROM on a board that's compatible with other Platform Modules.
- PICaxe 40x2 running at 32Mhz
- 64kb EEPROM
- 5V and 3.3V 1.5A Voltage Regulators accept 5.5v min. power input,
- A barrel jack and terminal block power connector,
- 2.8" x 2.5" footprint with pin sockets to add additional Platform modules.
The PICaxe 40x2 is the most powerful PICaxe available;
- 32 I/O pins that are reconfigurable,
- 12 ADC channels,
- 4 Internal Program slots, each holds about 1,000 lines of code,
- Supports new commands like Servo and Doze,
- And a bunch more stuff - check out RevEd's X2 product briefing.
What is the Gadget Gangster Platform?
The Gadget Gangster Platform is a lot like the Arduino with a few improvements on the basic idea;
- Modules (a.k.a. shields) can be connected to each other on top and bottom.
- Pin spacing is .1". This makes the Platform compatible with breadboards, and it lets you use Platform Modules in combination with other project boards.
- The board footprint is 2.5" tall, which is the same footprint as ExpressPCB's MiniBoard service, so adding your own custom module is inexpensive and straightforward.
- Platform Modules are licensed under the MIT license (essentially public domain), giving you more flexibility than more restrictive licenses like Creative Commons Share-alike.