MD23 - Dual 12Volt 3Amp H Bridge Motor Drive
Althou i just burned one, i think i could still share some info here :)
This is an advanced motor driver for 12V motors. It is usually coupled with EMG30 motors, but you can run it with any other 12V motor. It handles up to 3A per motor.It is controlled with i2c and has some advanced features you usually don't find in other cheaper controller, for example:
- Variable Speed: drive your motors with 255 different speed, from full backward to full forward and all middle values
- Automatic Speed regulation: if your motors have encoders, the board is able to automatically adjust the power output to keep the speed costant even in case of different load or different ground (ie a small climb). This option can be enabled or disabled at will.
- Acceleration rate regulation: you can choose how smoothly the motor pass from a certain speed to another. For example setting a low value you can avoid too sharp changing and have a smooth deceleration and turning.
- Battery voltage reading: the board can tell you how many volts you are supplying (in decimals). Useful to check if the battery is getting low.
- Motor current consumption reading: in any moment you can read how much current each motor is using (in decimals of A).
- Motor speed reading: if your motors have encoders, the board can use them and tell you how fast they're spinning
- 4 sets of GND and +5V pins that you can use for your own electronics (300mA continuous)
- 4 sets of SDA and SCL pins, very useful for connecting many i2c devices without extra breadboard or custom PCB or wire hacks.
- It's quite big (approx 7x6 cm).
- Uses 6 way JST connectors, which fits perfectly with the EMG30 motors but can be a problem with other motors
- It uses a connector with screws for main power input...
More info are avaiable here: http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/md23tech.htm