wanted: fm stereo receiver
September 24, 2008
This is an electronics question that has little to do with robots. But this forum seems a good place to ask it anyway.
For an upcoming diy project, I am in need of some advice on integrated radio circuits. For my 93 yr old grandmother I hope to build a radio that can do this:
- receive fm radio stations (over a central antenna system, i.e. cable)
- in stereo
- drive two 4-8 ohm speakers
- remember up to 30 preset frequencies
- micro controller tells radio which station or which frequency to tune
- produce Sound That Does Not Suck (STDNS quality)
- perhaps will be expanded with a CD player
- looks beautiful and compact (this would be a non electronics issue, so forget it)
So please help me if you can. Do you know a suitable radio IC to start out with? Do you have experiences with these ICs to share with me? Does it take a digital input for frequency choice?
What kind of amplifier am I looking for? Another neatly packaged IC would be my preference.
Thanks in advance, 8ik