Hopefully my boss won’t see this, but from time to time I get some ideas when at work or I need to check something out in my current robot project. So I keep all my project files in a Dropbox folder.
For those of you that don’t know about Dropbox, checkout http://www.dropbox.com/
For my use the Dropbox is perfect;
- No more carrying around USB memory sticks that I more than lightly will forget somewhere or I find out doesn’t have the latest version of my code.
- My projects are always backed up and in sync between all machines (even at work…)
- Even project files I have deleted can be restored.
- And the free 2Gb stores lots and lots of code.
- I can even reach my files from any computer via a web interface
- Folders can be shared with others working on the same project and removed when it’s not needed anymore.
- Arduino sketches or Visual studio projects can have its files stored there and you work directly from the Dropbox so you don’t need to remember to copy anything over.