"My next project", by "fritsl"
March 27, 2008
.. And now I´d wish I could write something exciting and groundbreaking :D
The last couple of days I, and my creation "Yellow Drum Machine" has had our 15 minutes of fame;
One week ago, a google-search on "Yellow Drum Machine" returned nothing, nil, zero!
Try it now "On the cover of every magazine" as they say. That thing somehow just hit a nerve in some people.
And now a new weekend is coming up, and I am lookng forward to hopefully get the time to build a follow up.
But 100.000 people watching the last project (I released 3 versions of the video, and they where at a point number 1, 3, and 6 most viewed videos on google / last 48 hours) kind of puts a pressure on a little amateur robot builder :D
So I thought I would share the thoughts with you. What to build next, I will write ideas here as I get time, hopefully the list with end up with the "Yes- I am going to do that one" :)
- 2 robots with only purpose is to A) track the other down, and B) Turn the other one on, and C) get away and turn itself off at some hidden spot
- Robots that move around on a board, and I can play board-games with them somehow, and they try to cheat
- Robots that plays "chess" with each other
- Robots that build stuf, I get to destroy, they build up again and again and..
- Robots who show excelent timing-skills.. arh.. too hard to explain, I know what I mean ;)
- Well.. of course; robots that dance or play other music to the beat of Yellow Drum Machine.
- Wow - this one I like, but I cannot make it; Robots that drive or walk around, and suddenly.. fall completely apart.. "Explode" apart if possible.. Strings and cablehold the pieces together, though, and motors pull them back together. Imagine some "car" driving around, perhaps even makes a jump on a ramp, and i n mid air just disintegrates :D or some walker that walks around erected, sees a cat, and just collapses into pieces :D And then when he got himself together, perhaps the head was a liiitle out of place etc. That could be fun. Only the strings would tangle all the time!
- Grafitti-robots, that drove around and drew little smilies everywhere on every fence.
- I would love to make a singingrobot with some really stupid voice made by mechanics.. But that does not make it autonomous or a fun robot, that is just a singing aparatus.