Xbee Live Conference
September 13, 2010
Call for conference guests
Who is interested in the upcoming Skype Conference on the advanced features of Xbees? The conference will be broadcast as a special live episode of the video (help-) show.
We are looking for a suitable and practical time slot. Hopefully some time this weekend. Can I hear some suggestions?
Anyone interested in watching (listening to) the conference? Let us know if you like.
Anyone interested in actively participating in the conference? Make sure to respond in this very thread!
The following subjects have been suggested so far (please add more):
- Xbee error correction
- Xbee signal strength measuring
- Localization, using signal strength
- Localization, using directional antennas and triangulation
- Range boosting
Update: The Conference is on Saturday 18 Sep 2010 at 20:00 GMT. That is the same time of day as the usual show.
Attendees, please prepare! Get a Skype account and make friends with lmrhelp.
Further suggested topics include:
- using the Xbee's built in digital and analog I/O pins. Analog out is in PWM format so a RC filter should be used if you want true analog in / analog out.
- programming a picaxe - cannot be done because of a command used by the picaxe bootloader. Debug works fine. Don't forget the picaxe needs the logic inverted.
- point to point and multipoint networking
Update: The conference notes are here.