Dean's development chassis
I decided I wanted to work with the Arduino processor, so this is my attempt to recreate the "start here" robot with an Arduino brain. I also intend this 'bot to serve as a development chassis for further experimentation. Eventually, I want it to home on IR beacons and recharge itself. And then whatever I think of next! It has three Maxbotics LV-EZ1's in a fixed mount. It has two rechargeable NiMH battery packs, one for the processor, one for the motors. There are separate on/off switches for the processor and the motors. I also put heat sinks on the L293D's just to be safe.
The Maxbotics seem to work on a sliding scale. When I introduce a "fudge factor" to get them to read 6" at 6", by the time I move it to 8", it's reading about 9.5"!! I'm trying to figure out a formula to compensate for that, but we'll see.