Propeller Platform USB
The Propeller Platform USB is an open-source platform for building your own electronics projects.
- Design your project in Spin, a custom programming language perfect for beginners (tutorials)
- Collaborate with your PC, built in USB lets you update programs or share data with your computer
- Interact with the real world, 32 I/O pins let you read tons of sensors and control multiple devices
- Output video or advanced audio, Built in video hardware makes video easy, microSD lets you include Hi-Fi audio samples
- Expand with any breadboard or protoboard, or use one of our custom designed modules, or design your own
What Can You Do With the Propeller Platform USB?
Turning Stuff Off and On:
32 I/O pins means you can connect to many devices at the same time - multiple LED's, real-time clocks, switches, and relays. It's easy to control dozens of devices.
A unique architecture lets you simultaneously control multiple motors and read multiple sensors. Take a look at the Spyder, an auto-balancing quadcopter running on the Propeller. A screw terminal power connection helps to connect a battery, and the ultra low dropout voltage regulator runs with as little as 5.5V input power.
Connect to the Internet:
The Propeller Platform USB can drive Ethernet controllers (like the ENC28J60) to act as a webserver or web client. It can even serve files stored on the microSD card.
If you want to make your own games, adding video output is as simple as using 3 resistors and an RCA jack. Games like X-Racer are possible, and you can output video in PAL, NTSC, or even VGA. Advanced sound capabilities let you enhance your game, too.
Playback 16-bit stereo wavs stored on the microSD / SDHC card, output TOSLINK (optical) SPDIF audio with a standard LED, or create your own digital effects.
- 80Mhz 8-Core Parallax Propeller with removable 5MHz crystal
- 64kb EEPROM for long-term program and data storage
- 5V and 3.3V 1.5A Voltage Regulators accept 5.5v min. power input
- Comes with a 2.1mm barrel power jack connector and screw terminal connector
- 2.8" x 2.5" footprint with pin sockets to add additional Platform modules or connect to a breadboard.
The Propeller Platform USB is designed and assembled in California.