The Pretzel Maker
October 5, 2008
Last night Grog and myself got to talking, and he said I should make a robot to do my job and allow me to reap the benefits. While being a great idea, implementation would be troublesome. I determined that to do every task I have I would need a variety of specialized bots. Regardless the thought of making a robot that can make a pretzel is quite cool, so I am going to try and design one for me to attempt to make eventually.
So, the steps to making a pretzel that the robot would have to accomplish is -
- Remove Dough Slug from a pan.
- Place Dough Slug on rolling board.
- Roll out to a length of around 3 feet (I could be wrong, and will find out for sure at work tonight).
- Pick up ends of dough and pass one side (lets go with left) over the other (right side).
- Repeat above step with the new left side.
- Pick up both ends and firmly attach an approximate length from the center of the middle.
- Pick up pretzel, rotate 90 degrees to the left and place on the ovens conveyor belt.