Let's Make Robots!

My line follower robot

 
line follower

Hello, my line follower robot:

Components:

2 x Pololu 10:1 Micro metal gearmotor HP.
Baby Orangutan B-328.
QTR-8A Reflectance sensor array.
Pololu wheel 32x7 mm.
Pololu ball caster with 3/8" metal ball.
Pololu micro metal gearmotor bracket pair.
Pololu adjustable boost regulator 2.5-9.5 V.
3.7 V Lipo battery.

PD control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNGH7b0P74
Average speed: 2.1 m/s (minimum bend radius: 30 cm)

The code, schematics, pcb: http://webdelcire.com/wordpress/archives/619

http://webdelcire.com/wordpress/archives/350 (spanish)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

we got baby orangutan b328 but we are not having any usb programmer to burn the code... can u suggest anything to program the orangutan...

We didnot posses dc-dc converter what shold we have to do to reduce the weight

 

you could try using two smaller lipo batteries in series to double the voltage supply

Wow, was that run at 2/3 speed (velocidad=160) as in the code?  if so this thing can top 9 feet per second, very impressive!  Have you tried the 5:1 HP motors from pololu with any success?

Hi, thx for the comments, the max speed (duty cycle) on the video is 62% (160/255).

I didn't try the 5:1 HP motors, the max speed with the 10:1 HP motors is higher than the max speed that I can control.

I see, now you have me contemplating a very fast/lightweight microbot, possibly with the 5:1 HP :)

Impresionante!!! Very fast. I am always amazed at how something so simple as a line follower can still be so impressive when well done!

Wow! That's fastest line follower i've ever seen!

that is a rocket. I just finsished a line follower myself with arduino but I used the 100:1 gear motors from pololu and it travels much slower than that. I should still post it even though yours leaves mine in the dust.  :  )

They used a 10:1 gear ratio which would put the speed ten times faster if the same wheels were used.