This is my most recent project. It is a robot which uses two cheap drills’ motors, that I bought a while ago for my tank. I didn’t like using tracks, so on this one I’m using wheels.
The motors are controlled by a arduino duemilanove using this motor driver board that I designed myself:
Unfortunately I made a mistake on the design so I had to correct it with some wires…
The only tests I did were using a wiimote and a processing application to remote control it, but I hope to make it autonomous soon.
The motor holders were my first work with polymorph and are quite good :D
As you know, comments, ideas, questions and suggestions are always welcome! :)
Oh, the name comes from this Portuguese traditional toy.
I think that the mean in English of "Pião" is a "Top".