Does disabled persons pave way for robots?
January 3, 2011
Please note: English is my second language, I may involuntarily make fun of people without legs and or ears etc. This is not the intention, and I am sorry if it happens!
Because of this: http://letsmakerobots.com/node/24014#comment-58207
I just got to think: There are many places where the installations for disabled persons may have paved way for robots to do stuff.
- Many traffic lights in Denmark have a beeper that indicates the color of the light
- Blind people have a special touch-reading (braille) that can be printed on such things as playing cards
- Many public buildings have ramps for wheelchairs
- Wheelchairs are a good source for motors and power supply
- Hearing aids may be well suited to hack?
I never realized; if we look at this, there may exist a wormhole for robots to jump into our world, and this wormhole may be aid that was meant for disabled persons!
What other things are there? Or am I just full of shit? :)