Providing 5v to Arduino and 3v to motors : battery and circuit options?
January 31, 2011
I have a couple of Dagu geared motors, which have this as a basic spec:
Suggested voltage: 3V DC
No Load Current: 125mA (max.170mA)
I want to control them from an Arduino. Can anyone provide some basic options for doing this? I have some parts that might help me assemble a circuit to do this, specifically:
- 4xAA battery holder and 2500mAh NiMH batteries
- 6xAA battery holder and 2500mAh NiMH batteries
- Old R/C car racing pack (so 7.2v, 1700mAh)
- LM7805C voltage regulator and heatsink
- SN754410 Quad Half H-Bridge IC
- Breadboard and jumpers
I've read an article about basic H-bridge use, which is really helpful but doesn't really cover motors that need less than 5v.
If you can give me some hints, it would be much appreciated!