Mr.Lassiter - Mr.Prop - Mr.Lazer - Mr.LiiDar - Mr.Risc- who knows
March 1, 2011
Having built the Lassiter i wanted to make it mobile so that it could go for a spin..........(with a spin)
Being resourceful i raided the chassis off my Mr.Tidy (sorry OddBot but it has to be Hacked sooner or later)
I choose the Mr.Tidy Chassis because of its "on the spot" turning ability on most surfaces (yes even carpet) because the omni wheels are amazing when using skid turning - and not to mention there are wheel encoders as standard.
Sooo....... Wots He Got
- Parallax Propeller chip 8 core multitasking risc processor
- Hacked WiiMote - camera removed and i2c interrogated to extract 4 blobs of light with XY coords
- Lassiter enabled LIDAR system - inc. 5mw Laser (please wear eye protection when using lasers)
- Colour Display screen - used for displaying data .....in graphical form
- Compass module .... so data can be logged with direction tags
- 2xPwm L293D motor drivers
Laser/lazer Left ........... Wiimote right - note the uncalibrated angle of the blue motor heat-sink.
Here you see my "Calibration Beam" ...... a wooden rod that slides through a hacked wine cork.(note the hotglue skills)
When pushing the L293D motor driver its advisable to add a heat-sink ....i am testing here some ram-cooler vanes.
Compass module sits on a 10cm pole away from motor magnets. (this tip i learnt from patrickmccabe&CTC)
Laser in action
To keep LMR in Tension i will delay the results until either.
- I squash the coding a little more (everything fits in ...all the important object files inc. motor routines) - however little room for my control proggy.
- Some kind firm like parallax sends me something like a PropStick USB (cos Franky i am embarrassed by the size of my easyprop board perched aloft like the towers of Babylon) EDIT:- to late gareth ordered one already.......If i could have ordered it yesterday already then i would have.........