Let's Make Robots!

Arduino Bot

Navigate about using ultrasound sensors.
AttachmentSize
robot_007.JPG2.08 MB

This is my robot based on the Arduino Mega board.

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

This is a great project! Is there any plans to post the code or the assembly plans? 

The body kit came with no plans as far as I remember but it was easy to assemble without plans. I've searched my pc for the code but I can't find them. If I stumble over it I will post. 

Take care

Could I suggest dumping a solid amount of hot glue on motor tabs.  I used this same chassis and tore two of the tabs off while changing batteries.  It does look like you have things well secured though.

Not a bad idea. They are quite flimsy but after I soldered on the caps they have been much more rigid.

Nice bot, Ole!

Thanks for the comments. Coming from smaller Picaxe robots with two small motors one of the hurdles I encountered during the build was electric noise coming from the four motors. It was really bad and it messed up the program flow and made the robot move in a jerky way. I found a cure after some searching on lmr and other places: I twisted the wires and added 3 capasitors on each motor and added a separate battery for the motors.

Apart from that the step from Picaxe to Arduino was relatively painless. I actually believe Arduino would have been a simpler platform for a first robot.

You did a great job on this robot. Keep up the great work!

Great bot, good code. It' s very fast! Keep it up!