Outdoor robot with 2 large 78amp hour batteries
August 20, 2011
I want to build a large outdoor robot around a power source I have recently aquired for free - 2 12 volt 78 amp hour batteries.
The primary purpose of the robot will be to roam around my garden outside and scare off squirrels and racoons and rabbits that like to eat from the garden.
Here are my questions:
1. What would be the optimal size of motors/gearbox to pair with this power source -plan to use skid steering?
2. Is pressure treated wood a good material to use for making the body of the robot (I'm pretty handy with wood)?
3. I thought I might use mountain bike tires and rims for the wheels - sturdy and fairly cheap. Is this a good idea?
4. Are infrared sensors good enough to spot critters/movement in the garden area? Is there a better way?
5. Any other information you think would be helpful to make this project successful?