Multi-sensor obstacle avoidance
September 5, 2011
I want to take my Bliss Robot to the next level of "object avoidance". Please note that I just want the "next level", not the "ultimate level" (yet) ;-)
I got some advice from ignoblegome but I would like to openly ask which would that "next level" may be. I have seen several things out there:
- 2 x IR sensors in a single servo
- 3 x fixed IR sensors(left-front / front / right-front)
- IR / Ultrasound combination (etc.)
If someone could point me to an example which is more advanced than my robot (but well explained) would be great...
More things I am considering (related):
- I read some interesting things about 2D mapping (so I can guess if the robot would fit a "hole" instead of just changing directions...)
- As I am already using a MaxBotix EZ1 I was thining on adding 1 or 2 more and use the daisy chain mode (which can be a fast way of getting measures?)
Well.. any comment / advice is welcome.