08M2 had attitude problem; discipline applied, now behaving nominally :D
October 8, 2011
So this is for the hexaspider project I'm working on. Here's a rough timeline:
- breadboarded circuit - bot works
- make functioning circuit board - bot works
- while working on gait programming - bot stops working
- assuming my board is to blame, I etch another better one - bot still not working
- put 08M2 on breadboard and route everything from circuit board to breadboard - bot works
- plug 08M2 back into circuit board - bot stops working
I have a very simple "servo left, servo center, servo right, repeat" program loaded. In fact, it can be any program I have. All that happens is the servo will briefly pulse in one direction every second or so. The pauses between the servo pulses do not match the pauses in the programming, fwiw.
I just don't understand how it works when the uC is on the breadboard but not on the circuit board. And all this just happened after a program download. I've tried old programs, new chips, new boards, new batteries, and everything bulletpointed above. Anyone have advice for me? I'm stumped.
Pics of schematic and PCB if anyone is interested: