Our First Robot - Build Broken
January 23, 2012
Well, I don't know what happened. I rewired up the Robot to get that snarl of wires out of the way and now the motors don't work with the motor shield and the servo used with the Ping sensor jitters.
Here are things I've tried:
I've tried rewiring the motors to the breadboard a few different ways to no avail because I thought it was the poor soldering job I did on the wires and the wires I made were not seated in the breadboard properly. I made new solid core wires with no effect.
If I put power and ground from the breadboard to the motors, they work fine.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll be pondering this for a few hours.
25 Jan 2012
I have removed the shields and hooked up the wires directly to 5v power.
Here's the power output:
Each motor output should be 4.99v according to my multimeter. Here are my results:
Next step is take the motor drivers out and hook them up individually to see if the chips are blown.
Testing the HBridge
Here's my testing rig. I have power and ground to the appropriate pins and move my green wire to the output I want to test.
Everything checks out okay and I didn't blow up the chip!
26 Jan 2012
With help from the people in the shout box, I have the shield wired up to a breadboard and working fine. The next step is putting it back on the Arduino and getting the motors running again on the platform.
My thanks to:
Maybe now we can get to something I know about, programming!