Dagu Rover 5 & Arduino Uno /Help
March 1, 2012
I'm trying to make a robot for experimentation, something i can use in my studies aswell. I'm studying Electronics & Computer engeneering, first year, and i want a platform that i can improve in the years to come.
I started playing around with LEDs and an arduino some time ago, this week i bought a Dagu Rover 5 with 4 motors and 4 encoders. The problem is i don't have the 4 channel DC motor controller.
I tried to figure out what other hardware i need to buy to make the robot move, but no clear answer yet. Plus, i am on a very low budget, so i can only get a certain amount of hardware per month.
The main things i need to know, before i buy any new hardware, are:
- Can i make the thing move with an arduino uno and the 4 channel DC motor controller?
- If not, why?
- What can i substitute the 4CH DC motor controller with?
- If i have to substitute the arduino uno, what should i choose? Arduino Mega1280 or Mega2560 or Spider?
- Does anybody know any Swedish companies that sell the hardware i need? i only know lawicel-shop.se, but they don't have the Spider Controller.
- If anyone can help me make the robot work with the arduino uno, i would be very glad :)
Thank you :)