XCopter - I am horrible with original names..
Although this project is marked complete, as we all know are they ever really complete?? Anyway I again used the arduino UNO as my microcontroller as I really love their products..I have also used the SparkFun 9DoF sensorstick for the gyros,accelerometer, and magnetometer.. I used the FreeIMU code to read the sensorstick and produce a filtered yaw/pitch/roll angles.. They really did a great job and I didn't feel the need to attempt to reinvent the wheel on that as I have already done some filtering code on my balancing robot.. From there I really ran into trouble with the reciever code so I borrowed that from the BaronPilot project.. Other than that the rest was mine(although I admit they took care of all the really complicated stuff.. hehehe).. I will spend some more time tuning the PID parameters and also I still have to implement the yaw sensor, apart from that I may add a barometer sensor or maybe a ultrasonic sensor for altitude but that would likely be it for this one...
I am quite happy with the way that it turned out and I am looking forward to the next one which I already have some plans for and pieces.. Next up I intend to make a larger one that is capable of more autonomous control and heavier weight.. Then really far into the future, lol, I intend to do a large scale variable pitch design that will hopefully carry quite a bit more wieght ( shooting for maybe around 30-50lbs)..
Anyway I hope you enjoy this little guy and as always if you want/need any info please let me know..