Trolley speed control
April 18, 2012
Imagine that you want to have a kind of "automated control" for a trolley (i.e. a golf trolley). What kind of automation system would you use?
The basic requirements would be the follwoing ones:
- Trolley is stopped, you push it and it starts due to the force of the push.
- The trolley accelerates in order to reach the speed at which you're walking.
- When the trolley is having the same speed than the person walking behind it the force on the trolley handle is almost nul and the trolley runs at this speed.
- You want to reduce your walking speed and exert a force backward to the trolley motion direction. The trolley reduces its speed.
- If the person is not touching at all the trolley it decelerates and stops.
What do you have in mind to achieve such an automatism? Force / pressure sensors and microcontrollers?
Thanks in anticipation for your ideas!