DataLogger and other projects
This is one of the latest projects that I've been working on. The idea was simple and in a way came from the desire to design something similar to the uLog(https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9228) that is sold on the SF site but also include more features while maintaining a small footprint. This logger gives you several options and the goal of being configurable via serial config interface(in the works) It also gives you 3 channels with the possible expansion to 7 total channels. One limitation is that it only has 1mbit worth of storage vs the 16mbit on the ulog device. This was somewhat intentional as this device is meant for long term low power logging(Days, weeks, even months). So list of features are:
- 4 selectable time intervals with a 5th one user defined
- Modes to record 1, 2, and 3 adc channels plus 1 more mode for temp sensor recording.
- user configurable baud rate for communication (3 planned)
- pause and restart of logging.
- modular so you can expand to off board memory modules/sd cards
- 2 buttons to select modes and initiate logging
- 3 LEDs for use as mode indicators and activity monitor. This is an initial prototype and so far has worked quite well.
- MSP430 Low power modes to conserve power.
- Built on vreg and can be powered via Solar panel.
I'm doing quite a bit of work on the coding and have most of the functionality in a base level(it all works, just fine tuning it)