August 30, 2012
I'm totally new at this, but I want to learn it!
I have an idea for a RoomBot.
It will be a bot that checks the room for it conditions. (Temperature, co2,...)
- It moves on it own at the outside of the room (always turn right if possible)
- It checks the conditions at different places
- It alarms when a condition has reached a critical value (on one place)
- It alarms when the averange off all the measurements of one condition have reached a critical point (at the end of the check up)
- At the end of the check up, it waits an hour on his start place and then do another round. (Still checking the conditions at this place)
I think it will be quite chanllenging as it is my first robot to build.
I will do the progress from top to bottem.
So the first challenge is to make a robot move and always go right if possible.
I hope you guys will help me through the process.
It moves on it own at the outside of the room (always turn right if possible)
So my first question is, what parts should I buy?
I was thinking I need two ultrasounds sensors. One on the right and one in front. (If there is space on the right, turn 90°. If there is space in front and none at the right, go straight. No place in front and right, go left)
One or two servo's?
Three wheels i think.
And some material to build the robot with.
Witch microcontroller should I take (with knowledge that later there have to be more sensors on it)?
Update 1: The first sketchs
Two CD's on top of each other with some room beteen them. Two wheels on the centerlinde and a pingpongball at the back/front.
Some hole's in the top CD for LED's showing the status of the conditions (Good temperature or not). Sensors need to be add.