Autonomous Ground Veichle -01
accelerometer, GPS, ping, Sharp IR, large, compass, High Power, Parallax ping, infared, 9DOF, 30A, Lead-Acid
Hi, My names Alex McClung I'm 15 from Newcastle, Australia and this is My Robot.
- My whole life ive had a strong passion for Robotics, I one day Hope to become a Mechatronic Engineer. This is my first Robot and i wanted it to be a Large Semi rough terrain Robot. My Original plans were to make this robot to be controlled with Xbees but thats not "True Robotics", Just "Large RC". So i decided to go Fully Autonomous.
- My Robot Uses an Official Arduino Mega 2650 R3 Microcontroller with an Xbee Shield and a Sparkfun Monster Moto Shield Driving 2 Motors - 12V, 14A Stall Per Motor. Aswell as An Arduino Pro Mini 328 5V/16Mhz for controling the Lighting .
- For navigation my Robot Uses an Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout and a Pololu MiniIMU-9 (3- Axis Accelerometer, Gyro and Magnetometer) which has 9 Degrees Of Freedom In total.
- As well as Navigation it also has Object Avoidence using a Parallax Ping Sensor and Two Sharp Distance Sensors (GP2Y0A02YK).
- Also its got:
- FPV (400mw 5.8GHZ Over a Mile Range) Wireless Video
- Xbee Data Telementry.
- RGB LED Lighting
- Parallax Emic 2 Text-To-Speech Module with two 0.5W Audio Amplifiers and two 8 Ohm Speakers.
- CDS Photocell To turn the Headlights on In the dark.
Currently Integrating the GPS and Emic 2 and FPV Modules into my Robot, All the rest is working fine.
I'll Keep you Posted :)