Again: Hardware not found on COMX
January 16, 2013
I'm writing here, because i have been reading a lot of topics, and I can't still solve my problem (Sorry for my English... I'm not native).
I have a PICAXE-28 Starter Pack with the AXE027 usb and the PIC16F886 chip
Also, I have 3 AA batteries 1.5V (non-rechargable)
All of these items were bought in PICAXE:
The topics that I have read are:
Well, my "issue" is: I cannot download any code to chip.
I decided attach some pictures... So, you can see what I mean.
Ohhh, almost forgot... My OS is Windows 7.
Plug Test (usb port test + led ON)
Plug Test (usb port test + led OFF)
Download circuit test
Download circuit test (zoom)
Pins test (following picaxe manual instructions: "TEST ON ACTUAL CHIP V+ and 0V pins with a multimeter")
(Pin # 8 - Ground ) // (Pin # 20 - Positive)
Pins test (zoom)
The Picaxe manual (pdf) says:
• Is the correct PICAXE chip correctly inserted in socket (I think it's ok)
• Is a PICAXE chip (not blank un-programmed PIC chip) being used (I think the website would not fool me, right?).
• Is a damaged PICAXE chip being used (chip has had over-voltage o reverse power supply applied) (I think it's ok, I always use
3 AA batteries alcaline 1.5V non-rechargable)
• Is a smooth 4.5V to 5.5V DC supply correctly connected. TEST ON ACTUAL CHIP V+ and 0V pins with a multimeter! (I think it's ok, the last 2 pictures show that)
• Is the reset pin connected to V+ via 4.7k resistor (18 / 28 / 40 pin chips) (I don't know)
• Is the correct 3 pin resonator connected if required (28 / 40 pin chips) (I don't know)
• Are the serial download 10k/22k resistors correctly connected. (I don't know)
I have installed the usb controller, about two times... one from CD (.zip) and one from file of picaxe website (.exe).
I will hope that anyone can help me.