My FirstMonster (or FM for short)
I managed to finish my first robot on witch I spent a lot of time, mostly because a lot of stuff was new to me. It is not very complicated but it seems to do it's job well. I posted everything about the build on my blog and also the parts I used (and the ones I rejected).
It is a Tamiya tracked platform with dual gearbox. I used an Arduino UNO and a SeeedStudio motor shield to drive it from a 11.7 lipo battery I had from my RC heli. It uses a Ultrasonic sensor to look in front and also a DIY IR sensor for backing up. I also added a temperature sensor for the fun of it.
If you want to look at the brain, I put it on SourceForge for easy access: https://sourceforge.net/projects/trackedrobot/files/robot_tracks.ino/download
The build log is here:
More photos and videos:http://errincode.blogspot.com/2013/02/arduino-autonomous-tracked-robot-visual.html