Maus was the robot I originally built on this platform with an Arduino and Microphone or IR. Then today Ossipee posted the code for his Mini-Skybot and I realized that I could use the same configuration that he had (a PicAxe 08M2 brain and HC-SR04 with the batteries and existing 2-CR servos for motivation.) Since the brain was made in England I felt it needed a new British name. At first I thought "Titmouse" because it was a Mouse and I like... well, anyway, we tried on "Flyingsquirrel" before jinx reminded me of this character:
We used to watch him on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. Thus, DangerMaus it is (not a big fan of the other Danger Mouse-the one that works with the guy on "The Voice.")
All I did was take Ossipee's skybot code and make the HC-SR04 read a subroutine (attached.) Servos are on C.1 and C.2, the ping Trig is on C.0 and Echo is on C.5. There are still two pins left over if I want to add a pair of antennae bump switches, but I think I've taken this as far as I'm interested. It was a great learning experience. I'll work on a blog about the differences between Arduino and PicAxe later. Again, both are great-no need to "pick teams" as it were.