Say Hello to M.I.A.
This is M.I.A., a simple humanoid robot platform.
M.I.A. Basic Specifications
- Arduino Mega
- Custom made shield
- Screw terminal for battery connection
- Low dropout voltage regulator LM2940 for microcontroller, EMIC 2 text-to-speech module, color sensor, LED eyes/mouth, Sharp IR distance sensor, LCD and PS/2 keyboard
- 6V voltage regulation for servos by voltage drop diode array
- Pin header connectors for 4 servos
- Pin header connector for Sharp IR distance sensor
- EMIC 2 text-to-speech module
- Reset push button
- 2 DOF (pan/tilt)
- RGB LED eyes
- LED mouth
- Small custom made LED driver PCB
- Color sensor based on TCS 3200 with collimating lens
- Sharp IR distance sensor
- Connector for PS/2 keyboard
- Loudspeaker 8Ω, 0.5W/EMIC 2 text-to-speech module
- 16x2 serial LCD blue
- 2 modified HITEC HS645MG servos
- 2 Lynxmotion servo wheels - 2.63" x 0.35"
- 2 Caster wheels
- 7.2V/3200 mAh/NiMH
M.I.A. is completely open source. I will publish the Gerber files for manufacturing the shield and the LED driver PCB later, the sketchup 3-D drawing is already attached. Currently I am building a prototype of M.I.A. and developing example codes.
Shield PCB prototype:
After development is finished I might try to sell M.I.A. as a kit and support a public welfare foundation with the proceeds (for instance cancer research).
The assembly instructions are listed on the end of this post