Remote Control Using XBEE and PICAXE 40X2
April 17, 2013
Here are my main obstacles:
- What is the circuit used for a programming interface for a PICAXE 40X2 that uses the audio jack? *accomplished
- What is the PIN connections that I make from the XBEE to the PICAXE 40X2?
- How do I create a program that computer controls the picaxe (Commands used for communication)
- Is it possible to use keys on the keyboard (ie an arrow key) to make the picaxe run a command? *accomplished
- What is the pin connection I would make for the PICAXE 40X2 to the APC220 (433MHZ module)
Here is the XBEE kit I was considering
Here is the 433MHZ module I will be using:
Alrighty, I have decided to go with 434 MHZ and 315 MHZ recievers and transmitter so 2 way transmissions are possible. I also have decided to scrap the whole entire computer and take use of the KBIN command, therefore I will only be hooking up keyboard(s) to a picaxe unit (multicore PICAXE processor haha) which will transmit the data gathered from the keyboard(s) and other inputs to another picaxe unit.
*note: Keyboard(s) will be hooked up to each chip in the transmitter picaxe unit. Each keyboard will have its own variable so u can theoretially have an infinite number of inputs. however, I am planning a more of a Pilot, Copilot scenario.
This is the RF equipment I plan on using: