4wd Drill powered remote controled robot
After 3 years of trying into control amp eater motor cc ccw i have finaly reach my goal (after some fails)
Here my project for an remote operated robot that will be used in airsoft , the basic part is complete , it miss him the body , may be an arm and light airsoft bb gun .
It is controled by a custome made remote in 433mhz (whith cheap emeter reciver for the moment ) with arduio mega for the remote side. full pwm control on the motor
It used 4 12v corldless drill (12€ each) 550 rpm max with stroller wheels and a lifepo4 battery (no more risk of explosio as lipo but less power) and 4 custome made motor controler.
Today after work i have bought the wood for the body , here the pictures
Camera, weapon installed and fonctional as you can see in the new video (the beigining noise is the shooting of the arisoft gun)
now it will be time for some mastic and painting :)
Paint and mastic done , it only miss the battery hatch and outdoor testing :)
Little problems after outdoor testings yesterday :( :
As motor run cc and ccw when ccw they tend to let the whells off the drill tip and the bolt from the whells unswrew too, i should remove the drill tip and fix the whells directly and found a way to block them and maybe hack thr motors for constant output (if i cannoy resolve thoses problems i think i will use 2 car whiper motors and custom tracks for a tank look
New video, drill tip removed, torque limiter too ,25a car fuses added by motor controler (if the motors gets struck) and now whells are bolted to the motor and they dont unscrew , i still have to test it outside to see if it turn without problems (maybe this weekend at my airsoft feild)
Battery voltage sensor added (2 diodes and 1 wire to analog A1) to verify if there is enough power left (manual checking made by pressing one switch on the remote , if too low , cut everything even the fan except the buzzer to help find it )
Today i have took the time to test it ourdoor at city park (100 meter from my house xd); work good but i haven't used the good screws for the torque hack (ordered today 20 m5x8mm as my local store dont have them :( ) so they unscrew when used . I have took a video and yes it can climb long stairs :p
As i'm on holyday this week , i spent some time on this project : i'm working on a new remote witch as proportional speed control ( and use ony 2 input for the up/down/left/right/stop instead of 7 microswitch ) with 2 pot, but for now it just one at the time, one should be kept at neutral (need to add more programing to be able to go straigt and turn a bit in the same time by made turn one side slower than the other)
I have got the screws yesterday to the constant torque output and i have worked on suspension system (i use the springs of the torque limiter because it's free xd) in order to get the best wheel traction . I can't wait to test it offroad :p