Triton v.0.1 delta printer
@All: Meet Triton 0.1 ... Triton meet @All
Image above is what it looks like currently, and a view of my messy desk.
BIG FAT NOTE: Design might completely change at will or necessity. I can provide the STL's for current stuff but will not post them until I get to a stable form.
- 3d design - good olde Blender
- firmware - Repetier Firmare latest git development branch
- host - Repetier Host
- Arduino Mega 1280
- RAMPS 1.4 shield
- 3 x Pololu drivers. (will need to add another for extruder)
- hotend - probably J-Head 0.5 nozzle - TBD
- thermistor - EPCOS 100K
- limit switches - normal switches
- no belts, cable or threaded rods - it uses threadless ballscrews - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:139425
- 3 x second hand nema 17 stepper motors - 200 steps/mm
- 3 x lm8uu bearings
- 18 x 623zz bearings for the screwless ballscrews
- 3 x 608zz bearings for the tops of the rotating rods
- 3 x 30 cm high quality steel rod
- 3 x 25 cm h9 stainless steel rod - that would be the cheaper rods you can find here and there with a rougher finish (high quality rods should work too but slipping is more probable)
- 3 x 30 cm makerbeam
- 6 x 20 cm makerbeam
- makerbeam angle brackets + bolts + nuts - complete list TBD
- printed parts - list TBD still a WIP
- side with electronics:
Next ... well some parts might have to be redesigned, some still need to be designed, now waiting for the bowden parts from Jinx.
Update - 2013-12-14 - Bummer!
- my PFTE tube and fittings made it safely.
- the Jhead mount is nicely fitting
- the tube fittings are on way ony - put them on and you can't get them off again - of course I was eager to see how they fit now I'm stuck with them on the tube
- the whole arm+efector+mount assembly is way too weak to handle the forces applyed to it by the 3 mm filament + pfte tube - so with the tube attached it won't be able ro keep the print head in one position :( .... really strong redesign is needed
- my BB (current printer) is getting old it may fail real soon if I don't do something about it
So all the above given and the lack of cash leaves me with no option than to shelve it for a while, cool down and rethink stuff.