Nice to meet you. I'm a hobbyist from Japan.
At first, I feel LMR is an awesome community !
There are a lot of unique and creative robots.
All of your works are really NICE !
There are no community like LMR in Japan.
I think there is a difference between the maker's culture of Japan and Western country.
But, we have the same spirit as you.
Today, I want to introduce my robot platform "Shellmo".
It will be too long to write all, so, I write unique points shortly.
Unique points of Shellmo
- Shell:Shell is a face of Shellmo. You can exchange Shell to another Shell with ease.
- MCSA structure: Motor, Core, Shell, Accessory. I separated Shellmo to these modules.
- OpenSource: I think this is not special at here, But, almost robot kit are not opensource yet.
- Printable: Almost parts (without electric parts) are printable.
- Heart: A simple interface between Shellmo to us.
- Decoration: An easy way to change a visual of Shellmo.
- Micropede motor module: A walking module of Shellmo. Inspired by "Gakken Centipede".
- Control with the phone: I made control apps for Android phone.
- Kinetic eyes: I hacked Shellmo's eye for moving itself.
If you are interested, please see these also.
RepWalker motor module
Added RepWalker picture and 3D files