$500 ServoCity Scholarship - 2014 application now open
January 2, 2014
At ServoCity we care about helping students pursue their dreams - that’s why we’ve decided to offer this scholarship. We believe it’s important to encourage young minds to explore their potential and we hope this scholarship will aid a student in doing so. If you know of a high school senior who would qualify, please pass this information on.
How to apply
The application becomes available on January 1, 2014. If you are at that time a high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA, you may apply by completing the online application below (deadline is March 31, 2014). ServoCity only accepts online applications. Mailed applications will not be reviewed. ServoCity is looking for well-rounded students who not only excel academically, but are actively involved in their school and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant must be a high school (or home school) senior
- Anticipating high school diploma at time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Planning to pursue a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
- Earning a minimum or a 3.00 GPA at end of junior year of high school
- U.S. citizenship
How can the scholarship be used?
The scholar has one year to use his/her full $500 award. In addition to using the funds for tuition at an accredited college or university, the scholar may also use their funds for other educational expenses such as on-campus housing and textbooks. ServoCity will award the funds directly to the college or university the student plans to attend.
Hints for a successful application
We offer you the following words of advice to consider while completing your application
- Do not use abbreviations or slang in your answers
- Proofread your answers
- Use the essays to tell the rest of the story that other questions don’t ask - talk about your responsibilities and actions where possible
- Choose a reference that will be able to answer questions about you from a personal and academic perspective
January 1, 2014 Application opens
March 31, 2014 Application deadline
April 10, 2014 ServoCity Scholar announced (all applicants will be notified of the results)
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact email@example.com