Hi, I am new here and am starting my first robot project.
January 6, 2009
I have 10 years of IT and Computer experiance along with 5 years of Java and C# development. I am starting to learn C++ and have an idea of the first robot I want to build. It will be based on the tutorial on this website. The last time I did anything in BASIC language was when I was 10 lol. But anyway here is my list of hardware from what I have learned on this site so far. Can you please let me know if it will work or if I will need anything extra to make it work?
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Display Current: 10 mA
- Back Light Current: 150 mA
AXE Stack-28 Starter Kit (USB)
- 'AXE Stack-28 kit (includes PICAXE-28X1)
- PICAXE Programming Cable
- 2-Panel Solderless Breadboard
- Breadboard Voltage Regulator Kit
- 140 Piece Wiring Kit
PING))) Ultrasonic Range Finder
- Range - 2cm to 3.35m (~.8" to 11.3')
- Supply Voltage: 5V +/-10% (Absolute: Minimum 4.5V, Maximum 6V)
- Supply Current: 30 mA typ; 35 mA max
- 3-pin interface (power, ground, signal)
- 20 mA power consumption
- Narrow acceptance angle
- Simple pulse in / pulse out communication
- Indicator LED shows measurement in progress
- Input Trigger - positive TTL pulse, 2 uS min, 5 uS typ.
- Echo Pulse - positive TTL pulse, 115 uS to 18.5 mS
- Echo Hold-off - 350 uS from fall of Trigger pulse
- Burst Frequency - 40 kHz for 200 uS
Battery Holder 4-AA - will put 4 1.2V rechargeables in it.
Gear Motor and Tread Package GM3 - with an extra free wheel on both sides.
L293D Motor Driver IC
GWS Standard Servo x2
- Bearings: Bushing
- Gears: Nylon
- 60� speed: .23 sec @ 4.8v
- 60� speed: .18 sec @ 6.0v
- Torque: 47.00 oz*in (3.38 kg*cm) @ 4.8v
- Torque: 56.00 oz*in (4.03 kg*cm) @ 6.0v
- Measurements: 1.56 x1.14x1.40 inches (39.6 x 29.0 x 35.6mm)
- Mass: 1.45 ounces (41.1g)
Diffused Green LED x5 - for the mouth of the bot
32 Pin SIP Sockets - for extra pins'
SPDT Toggle Switch
25LC640 SPI Serial EEPROM - for more memory.
I do understand some about electronics but am only a beginner. I will also add to it 2 360 ohm resisters for the servos.
Now I know the design is up to me I just want to know as far as voltage and hardware is that all I would need for now?
I want to make this upgradable but for now the robot will just be able to avoid objects and not run off a table. Also be able to follow a line.
Thanks for your help.