Vote for Snakinator - a limbless snake robot!
February 4, 2009
I just posted a blurb about our Snakinator project on LMR. It is in the final rounds of the Microchip PIC32 Challenge contest where we have beat out hundreds of other projects so far. BUT, we need your help in voting us into the final round!
Details of the project with links to the PIC32 challenge are at http://www.pivut.com/snake.htm
All of the robot project components, including schematic and source code, are available to look at on the mypic32 site.
Some of the cool features that you can use:
1. Control up to 32 servos from a single PIC controller.
2. Reads from a microSD card to determine gait pattern, servo centerings, and eventually path planning.
3. Obstable avoidance with an I2C ultrasonic sensor.
4. Uses touch sensors on the bottom.
5. Integrates an I2C accelerometer.
Thanks for checking it out!