My phidget servo control wired to a IK arm control
Hello, I've been working with my SES arm and phidget servo control, and started to understand how frustrating it can be to control a full robotic arm position on a per servo position basis. I'm attempting to create something that is easy-to-use for anyone not familiar with programming or robotics and would like to try phidgets.
I have finally jumped into inverse kinematics and will start to create a separate 'add in' control that will work in tandem with my phidget servo controls.
Here is my plan (off the top of my head...):
- Drag my phidget servo control to a windows form.
- provide an x,y for the control position in 2d space for my second control.
- provide a length of an object attached to the servo control.
- If another phidget servo control is added, and properties are entered to attach to end of the object attached to another phidget servo control, repeat.
- Display a graphical user interface, attach, and calculate each joint angle via inverse kinematics and allow each joint to be manipulated by clicking on a joint and moving the joint with a mouse.
Hey it's not much so far, but if you seen my phidget servo control last year, then you know what to expect here. We all have to start somewhere! A lot of work to do, and I'm very excited to get something going here.
This is a hobby project so, of course, It'll take me a while. Thanks for allowing me to share here on letsmakerobots!