DAGU Promotion, Cheap HW, LMR Mr. Basic Special LMR version + 3 prizes!
April 28, 2009
Update: --== DAGU ROCKS ==--
Update: NEW manual attached! Replacing old one. Sorry for the format, PDF was too heavy :)
Hi dear fellow robot builders, members of LMR.
As I am sure you know, OddBot has made us some cool contact with Jack from China, the guy behind DAGU Electronics.
Now I also had some talks with Jack himself regarding a production of some of my stuff (Thanks Odd).
And I tell you, the guys at DAGU moves fast, sends money as promised, and the hardware is actually REALLY NICE!
And I am NOT just saying this because he is supporting us, I have tried quite a lot of HW that people wanted me to promote on LMR, and it was not all that good ;)
However - now I just got this cool mail from he’s assistant, Claudia:
How about these days?
This time I'll show you a great kit, named Mr. Basic, consisting of a aluminum alloy chassis with an extension PCB, which provides a reliable expand platform for DO-IT-YOURSELF. You can find the photos of it in attached files.
So far, we just have Chinese package for Mr. Basic, but there are English user manuals, so everybody can assemble it with his own hands depending on the manuals.
For Chinese market, our original idea is letting all robot hobbyists can create their own robots with our Mr.Basic.So Jack thinks this product will also be a good choice for the members from LMR.
We are excited about your idea about "LMR members editon", so we would like to offer 50 sets Mr. Basic printed with LMR logo with a special price only for LMR members, it just cost them 22USD($15 per set and another $ 7 for shipment) to own one. Every member who bought one and designed a new variation can put their creatures on LMR, and you can let other members and users vote out three best ones, each winner will be offered $100 from DAGU as prize.
What do you think about the above idea? Hopefully waiting for your respond.
This is cool!! Those things are almost like free at that price! And it is our first real LMR merchandise! :)
What you need to do to participate:
- Send a mail with your order (and address) to Claudia:
claudiadagu at yahoo.com.cn
Let the subject of the mail be "LMR Mr Basic" She will return to you, be fast, only 50 made.
- If you feel like using your Mr Basic Special LMR-version for more than a mantelpiece, then make some robot out of it. Submit it as a robot on LMR.
- IMPORTANT: TO make sure that you participate in the competition, you must add the tag “LMR DAGU Contest” to the posting.
- Vote for your own robot. (I know you are going to do so anyway) - But also; Vote for other robots that you think should win!
- Wait for everyone to be finished and cross your fingers :) We make a special page for this, with all participating robots, and the 3 robots voted highest will each win the price of USD 100!
PS: Since this is going to be won by robots only seen on the page, good images matters as well as cool robots. I just know from experience. For inspiration, see this that I wrote once :) (The part about taking good pictures)
PPS: Thank you OddBot, Jack, Claudia, and DAGU! Nice going! :D
PPPS: You are a very competent person.